Monday, May 11, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I like these because sometimes you want a big gooey chocolate chip cookie, but after the 2nd batch of cookies you're done and don't want to bake any more? Because same...
So this recipe gives you your chocolate chip cookie fix without all of the rolling and baking over and over. Yes, please.
(If you do want to make actual chocolate chip cookies, here's a video that my friend and I made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUWkpYj_QU.)
I doubled this recipe, because with 5 siblings and 2 parents, things like cookies go quick. (Doubling it makes enough for a 9x13 pan.)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Then combine the butter mixture and add the flour blend to it. My mixture happened to be pretty wet for this batch, but I've had times where it was almost crumbly. It turns out delicious every time, though!


Plop it all in a pan and spread.


Add your chocolate chips,


(mmm...)


and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes.


It will flatten out after cooling, which I didn't get a picture of.


And now you've got a warm gooey hunk of cookie.
(Man, I wish I still had those...)

Ingredients
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 TBS vanilla extract
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients together.
Melt butter.  Mix butter and brown sugar.  Add beaten egg, and vanilla and blend well.
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
Spread in a square (9x9x2) pan.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. We're making these right now, Julia! They look so yummy. Did you double it? (since it's in a 9x13 instead of a 9x9) Thanks!
    Adam, Ella, and Elizabeth Nielson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my reply is so late! I tried to reply yesterday but it looks like it didn't work. I did double it, and I will specify that in the recipe (oops!) now. So the original recipe was meant to be in a 9x9 pan.

      Delete