Friday, April 10, 2015

funfetti birthday cake ice cream sandwich

phew! That's quite a name, isn't it. Well, that looong name leads up to something that is worth saying all those words--

yep. I knew you would like it.
and if you're reading this, don't ask, "How did you eat that huge chunk of calories?" because I really don't know.
but seriously.
who cares about calories when they're in a funfetti birthday cake ice cream sandwich? It's like a mini birthday celebration for when you feel like you need an instant party. If you wanted, you could even put a little candle on top and sing yourself "Happy un-birthday to me..." if you're feeling especially like having a little celebration. 
now, on to the recipe.
you put this-

with this-

 

and voila! (I can say that without feeling guilty bc I take French ahaha) you've got yourself a mini birthday party.


(and if you're wondering, yes you can make it with chocolate. But I'm not sure why you would do that. If you ask me, birthdays are more fun than... chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I loove chocolate though)

I got this recipe from http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ which is definitely another of my favorite baking blogs.

Ingredients:

  • 1 box (18.25 oz) vanilla/white cake mix, such as Duncan Hines
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sprinkles

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the sprinkles - you do not want to dye the cookie dough by overstirring the sprinkles.
Drop rounded 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes - do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops will settle down so you will not have to press the cookies down yourself. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container, for up to one week. Cookies freeze well, up to 2-3 months.

(in my version, I added birthday cake ice cream--one scoop--to the middle of two cookies and pressed down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment